Domain Registration ¶
- Internet Services
This servive we provide International
To register domain names in South Africa are a lot less complicated and painful than you might think!
Owning your own domain gives you the exclusive right to that name - it's yours for as long as you choose to renew it. Whether you plan on starting your website now, or later, there's no better time to secure your domain name.
Registering your Domain Name through Compunet gives you rock solid reliability. With a leading brand you can trust, plus the following powerful features!
Our clients are often surprised at the amount of visitors they receive at their brand new domain name home page.
The point is you won't really know how many of your existing and potential customers are looking for your site on the internet until you actually have something online.
Whether you are taking a brand new business or an established one online, you should use your web page to market your domain name right away - then keep a close eye on your visitor stats.
If you are receiving many more visitors that you expected, it might be time to consider a full-blown web site to capitalize on your newly discovered hot leads.
No point in looking a gift horse (visitor) in the mouth - if you get potential customers to your page, go to work to turn them into confirmed clients! :-)
Pick Suitable Domain Names
Your domain name should match your company or product name, but if that is not possible or practical, consider registering domain names containing keywords you would like to attract visitors with:
Search engines "prefer" long domain names with hyphens between keywords, for example sell-cars-online-for-profit.co.za while people prefer short, memorable domain names.
General Tips For Picking a Domain Name:
• Use your business or product name
• Try to include search phrases in your name - for ADDITIONAL domain names pointing to your primary (business) name
• Register short and long versions of your name if necessary
Think about the "Yahoo" and "Google" domain names - be creative! :-)
How to Register Your Domain
• We will check if the name you want to use is available.
• If available we will send the request to register your domain name
• Once the request has been send it will take about 48 hours to complete.
• You are now the proud owner of your own Domain
Registration fee for a .co.za Domain name R145.00 once off.
Yearly renewal fee. R95.00
What Your Domain Name Can Do For You
Domain names are low-cost investments:
• Protect your online identity, your company name and your brand
• you can increase sales by marketing on the internet - either exclusively or to power-up your offline marketing efforts.
• establish an identity and permanent home page for your business on the internet - no matter how many times you change ISPs.
• Create a very cost effective "online business card" or "flyer" online advertisement.
• Pull more visitors to your existing web site
• Provide a professional email address @your-own-domain-name
• Ask a Compunet web designers to build your web site when you are ready.
More Info on Registering Your Own Domain Name
If you have a web site, you should seriously consider registering your own domain name. A domain name is a name like "yourcompanyname.co.za", which you can use to refer to your website. Note that you do not have to be a company or organisation to register a domain name. Any individual can do it too.
Importance of a Domain Name
There are a number of good reasons for having a domain name:
• If you ever change your web host, your domain name goes with you. Your regular visitors or customers who knew your site name would not have to be informed about a change of web address (also known as "URL"). They would simply type your domain name and they'd be brought to your new site.
• If you are a business, a domain name gives you credibility. Few people will be willing to do business with a company that does not have its own domain name.
• If you get a domain name that describes your company's business or name, people can remember the name easily and can return to your site without having to consult their documents
• Domain names disappear extremely fast. Many people claim that all the good domain names are gone. I doubt that — but it is probably true that most good domain names that are descriptive of products and services have been taken. If you want a domain name for your site, I suggest you act now, or face the anguish of having lost that name later. After all, R 125.00 for a year's ownership of the name is pretty cheap when you realise that you're cornering a good name for your website.